Camera insurance

Well I am about to move into something I haven't done before.  I am
going to pack some of my camera gear, and head out for a several day
trip.  Well that part is nothing new, but what is new is my mode of
transport.  I am going to hit the road on my bicycle as soon as spring
begins to arrive.  Some would call it more like a bicycle tour, but may
be hard to call it that in the traditional sense.  The objective is to
be more a part of what is around me rather than just drive through it.
I suspect it will lead to photos that otherwise I would have just driven
right by.  Taking the time to smell spring, and become a part of the
environment rather than just drive through it will be an experience not
to forget.

Now the problem is protecting the gear.  Bikes when they crash usually
involve something broken, (and yes sometimes its the rider) and
replacing the L glass is not my idea of a good time.  I thought about
buying a "bike" lens, but that would mean a loss in quality.  Having
$2000 or so in bike panniers that get trashed in a crash would put a
world of hurt on me.  The logical answer is some kind of insurance.
That way I could carry my good stuff, and not be done if I lost it all
in a bike crash.

Now I wonder how many of you carry insurance, what companies you use and
whether or not you have been happy with the coverage.  I know I can get
a rider through state farm, but I appreciate any other recommendations.