RE: Sample exam for your amusement

Q1 ours does 15625 lines per second I think, that is for the old crt system.
I do not have the slightest Idea what the digital lcd system does. That is
25 FPS x 625 lines per frame.

Q2 3.3333

Q3 8

Q4 It is the Width of slit in mm/speed of the shutter in mm/sec

Q5 I would put the focal plane shutter of the film camera on 1/15 sec and
move the camera during the exposure at a known rate of k mm/sec then using
distance from focal plane to light/distance of lens from focal plane = m
then the distance between two bright lines parallel to the direction of
movement is equal to mk seconds. So the flashing rate is 1/mk

Q6 DISTANCE MOVED IN METERS IN ONE SECOND GIVES VELOCITY IN METERS PER
SECOND.

Q7 Because the object moves as the slit travels across the film so the start
of the slits travel is exposed before the end of its travel giving a sloping
image of a moving object.

Q8 Because the object moves during the exposure time outside the width of
the film. This means the total movement is outside measurement range and the
velocity is unknown but greater than observed length of blur x shutter
speed.

Q9 because it is only exposed as its light hits the film.

Q10 The object travelled one foot in 1/100 second so the velocity was 100
feet per second.

Q11 I do not know.

Q12 According to Galileo they just do as they are pulled by the Earth's
gravity and accelerate at the rate of 32 feet/sec/sec. I do not have a clue
why!

Q13 10 feet

Q14 1200 rpm

Q15 20 fps

Q16 0.000001

Q17 True because one counts the number of revolutions over the exposure time
(n) and then use n/shutter speed x 60 to give rpm.

Q18 True because the movement velocity on the film is reduced because the
magnification is lower.

Q19 This question is incorrectly stated. The power is in watts which is
joules per second so the power of a flash is the total energy (Joules)
divided by the flash time in seconds or Energy x speed of flash. Joules is
watt seconds.

Q20 the width of the blur must be less or equal to the circle of confusion
as seen by the human eye at the viewing distance used.

Q21 I have no idea

Q22 700 miles/hour

Q23 The duration of the flash is reduced but the power output is the same,
however the energy output is reduced.

Q24 The duration of the flash is controlled by a thyratron (or semiconductor
equivalent) and so is the same but the power is increased making the energy
greater. Probably twice as much.

Q25 1/ Velocity of sound in feet/second. =2.7 E-7 seconds or 0.00000027 sec

Q26 1/e x peak power where e is the base of Naperian logarithms

Q27 The bullet is moving to the right and the power of the flash faded
during it flight.

Q28 A device to measure the time between two events.

Q29 1.2 seconds between exposure.

Q30 3000 frames/second

Q31 10

Q32 He used high speed photography to photograph the movement of horses legs
proving that a galloping horses hooves all left the ground together for a
short time.

Q33

1 frame rate
2 exposure time
3 aperture

Q34 Exposure time

Q35 1000

Q36 Ker Cell to make for short exposure time.

Q37 Don't know but probably by starting to record before the event of
interest.

Q38 I cannot answer this question because I do not know what a foot-candle
is nor the meaning of sensitivity of 100 ISO.

Don't quote me!

Chris