RE: a simple model release

A model release is a contract.  For a contract to be legally valid, there must be an exchange that the parties agree satisfies the terms of the contract.  That is, for the contract to be valid, each party should get something out of the deal.

So what these words mean is that the model agrees to serve as a model in exchange for something that the model considers to be of value.  That can be money (the model can be paid), prints (the classic TFP situation), or a cup of coffee.

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:29 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: a simple model release

What then does
"
In exchange for consideration received, I hereby give permission to"
mean?

Bob

Read more at NYIP - Model Release Form - A Basic Model Release Form for Use in Photography Sessions and Photo Shoots http://www.nyip.com/ezine/techtips/model-release.html#ixzz1BDiu6y42

On 1/15/2011 9:28 PM, Kim Mosley wrote:

Maybe a lawyer on the list would like to comment. It is my understanding that the release needs "consideration" (money) in order to make it valid in the courts.

This one does not.

Kim