Re: PF member's gallery on 01-08-11

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 08, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
            Marilyn Dalrymple - The Cat and the Raven
Nice exposure, and certainly a lucky grab, as you say. I might crop it a little tighter on the left...maybe up to the separation between the boards the kitty is resting on.
            John Palcewski - Scogli Innamorati
I like big rocks, and I cannot lie...recently took a similar shot myself in Morocco, but I like the scale of these massive water carvings so much better. Feller almost looks like he can see what he wants to catch.
            Mark Harris - Katy_T in Tree
You know, it doesn't get much more natural than this. But, I think the big giant V is gratuitous...or, maybe I'm just reading into it too much. Seems to have that antiquated/faded feel that you achieved much better in a previous nude. Perhaps a touch more contrast, or maybe a different pose would make a difference, she seems to struggling to barely touch this tree. You did say it was 40 degrees out though.
            Don Roberts - Ice Cream in Kintai
Colorful. Creepy. Very Japanese.
            Trevor Cunningham - lines/curves
I'm still amazed I walked away from this port without any bird poo on my head.
            John Retallack -
Love the idea of a project. This image illustrates the frustration you describe very well. However, I don't think it can stand on its own without the narrative or accompaniment.
            Katarina Kitaeva - New Year`s mood
I like this one...a lot. Although the glowing gift seems a little overdone...maybe burn it a touch.
            Alan Zinn - FELIX ET PROSPERA NOVUM KALENDIS
Hmm. Too many different, seemingly unrelated, elements here for me. Not having been to Boston, I'd never make the connection. Although, the character seems rather Norman Rockwell and I like the reflection of the church in the window. Everything else is a distraction for me.