Re: Jan 1 2011 update of PF Exhibit wall

At 10:07 AM -0500 1/1/11, ADavidhazy wrote:
         ~ H A P P Y   N E W    Y E A R  ! ~

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 01, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

         Christopher Strevens - The door and the teapot

Really nice mood, especially of the desperation and pretense that our elders (and we as well) are often put into. I especially like the use of DOF.

         Rob Miracle - A Kentucky Winter Wonderland

I don't mind HDR when it's not used to produce blackboard-scratch-inducing sharpness. This is quite nearly perfect.

         Pau Maynes - Madonna and Child with Saint Jean

I'm afraid I don't get the Saint Jean part here. Is the older boy supposed to be Saint Jean, or am I missing something. To my secular eye this looks like a pretty standard but pleasant portrait of mother and two kids, one of whom is getting pretty tired of this bottle routine!

         Thomas B. Barker - Hundreds of Mushrooms

Hilarious! How wonderful. The perfect point of view.
         Mark Harris - Snow Covered Branches

Snow.  Branches.  Would like some attitude, some perspective.

         John Palcewski - No Pain, No Gain

Soft. I think that doesn't make sense to me. With all the cultural history of pain in faces, it seems this could be more effective with some other treatment.

         Rene M Hales - Trees in the trulli forest

Neat - o. Brings to mind a comment that's been floating around in my consciousness that I believe I got from Andy, about shooting through a scrim of trees at an exposure time to match the speed of the vehicle in which the camera is riding. Very nice textures, and either luck or good planning to have the nice strong gray tree trunk in the foreground that way.

         Emily Ferguson - Christmas lights

I was unhappy with the big dark area in the front. And I didn't got back out to play with all the variables when temps fell well below 10° after this. But I did sample the colors and make a holiday message in a nice ample sans serif font in the big dark area. Sent the file off the Winkflash and got next year's cards printed up!

         Don Roberts - Trunk and Leaves

I wish the color of the red leaves were more in line with my experience of red leaves. There's something off about it. And it would have been nice if that fence hadn't been there.

         Yoram Gelman - Garage Shadows II

I like the composition and the mystery but the image needs something to make it different from so many others.

Did you send your contribution in for the gallery yet this evening?
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx