Re: Scanning/copying addenda

That's my thinking, too. ÂThe software for scanning slides keeps getting better and better. ÂI thought I had finished scanning over 100,000 slides but when I upgraded my software to Lasersoft, the results were so much better, I know I have to scan them all over again. ÂMany that I considered throwaways were actually pretty good once I rescued the details. ÂI keep the originals in hanging slide pages in lateral filing cabinets. ÂI'll never get rid of them.

Tina

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-01-03 18:47, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

Would you throw away all the old film which does not meet your quality
standards - technical and artistic?

Maybe we've reached the technical level of "good enough", and my skill in scanning has also reached that level; but I'm not sure I'd bet on it heavily. ÂSo far, my experience has been that 5 years later I can re-scan a piece of film MUCH better than I did it the previous time. Furthermore, I can often get something useful out of film that I couldn't 5 years ago. ÂThus, I'm loathe to dispose of originals.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

--
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com