Thanks,
Lea

all the technique in the world doesn't make up for the inability to notice. ~e.erwit

On Dec 27, 2010, at 11:25 PM, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Well I don't have the hood, but I do have 2 ideas.  First of all KEH might have one if no one else does.  They are good folks and probably would go take the measurements you want if they don't already know them.

Now you also might try Craigs Camera.  They have a great deal of old camera manuals and that just might have the info you are looking for.  If there is a camera that's ever been made and you are looking for a manual, there is a good chance Mr. Craig has it.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Leica lens hood help
From: Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, December 27, 2010 9:19 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am wondering if anyone has this specific Leica lens hood:

Leica 12459 Metal Lens Hood with Cap + 50mm

 and if so, would they be willing to send me the following measurements:

Depth of the shade front to back (from where it mounts on the lens to the very front edge)
Diameter of the circle where it mounts on the lens.

I am trying to determine if I can repurpose this lens hood and can't find the measurements anywhere.

Thanks in advance.