Re: Members' exhibit on 25 DEC 10

Sherie Taylor, Horse Ranch.ÂÂ This is a powerful and attractive image, yet at the same time it's hard to explain why.ÂÂ Every now and again we encounter moments when we know for sure that nothing is ever what it seems.Â

Trevor Cunningham, flame tree pod. That button in the middle of the pod just NEEDS to be pushed! And no telling what'll happen next.

Dan Mitchell, Hinge & Bracket. This is like a short story based on something absolutely true, but nevertheless you just don't believe it. I've never seen frost take this particular form, so therefore it seems fake. But then what do I know?

Don Roberts, Roots.ÂÂ The green moss on the rocks makes me think of my maternal ancestors' Ireland, but then in that country during the great famine there just weren't many trees that could take root.ÂÂ In a country like Japan, those roots bear a lot of symbolic weight.

Pini Vollach, Memories from Portugal. I think the dream-like effect of this well done and interesting collage is totally spoiled by the copyright in the lower left. It seems like a self-defeating juxtaposition of the ideals of art against the crassness of commerce.

Yoram Gelman, Faery.ÂÂ One of the great values of photography is that it keeps good memories alive.