Re: Sort of on topic

I use a laptop on the road...for instance, in a few hours, i'll be departing for my holland - spain - morocco adventure with the wife and golem, will be tossing the laptop in the crumpler karachi before i go

On 12/15/10 5:38 PM, Chris wrote:

I use a laptop now. There is a lot of computer speak on this forum.

Chris.

F*rom:*owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Don Roberts
*Sent:* 15 December 2010 14:31
*To:* List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
*Subject:* Sort of on topic

I hate to make this a computer forum but there hasn't been much photo talk lately so.... Emily's last post made me wonder: How many of you PHOTOGRAPHERS - on topic now - use a laptop as your main working resource? Will they suffice for doing PS work with a number of large files and a need to see detail in images? How do you configure? Can one use the laptop screen for PS tools and an external monitor for the image without a lot of problems? Any comments on this might help me decide where my equip Don