provocative PF exhibit comments

As seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Rene M Hales
Bend in the Canal

Classic with a slightly unreal look - am drawn to the repeating or reflected tree trunks in water. Without those the photograph would be less appealing.

Rubin F. Diehl
Un Bokeh Parisien

Neat - and although the red circles remind me of extraterrestrial or paranormal "orbs" I am quite confident that they are elements of visual desing and they work quite well in this manner.

Andrew Sharpe
Cactus

Whoa! Reminds me of those shots where a helicopter cruises above skyscraper tops in New York city. Visually engaging and riveting IMO.

Sherie Taylor
First Snow

Safe, clean, suburban setting. Reminds me of my own home but +/- 50% better. Of course you have to be a lover of snow to apreciate all that snow implies - I like the house in the trees.

Katarina Kitaeva
Out Of Emptiness

Hmmmm ... don't "understand" or "gork" this ... OK - a group of musicians. I think the two farthest ones are hard to relate to ... in fact even the bear ones are kind of hard to relate to. Their body sizes within the photograph seem a bit small. For a "band" shot I'd like to see the figures dominate as much as possible. Here the scenery is in charge.

Emily L. Ferguson
Gulls harvesting the last herring fry of the season

You mean they are gorging themselves on helpless little fishies? So sad ... for the fishes! But speaking of the photograph the scene is understood by the title ... although what those blurry specks are actually doing is unclear imagewise.

Yoram Gelman
Inukshuk Solo

Somewhat phallic. Anyone mention this?? I like it.

Trevor Cunningham
unknown plant

Neat image IMO. Best if it stays just an abstract. I would not venture into trying to figure out the botanical inferences of the pattern.

IMO always of course!
andy