Re: Gallery comments Oct 23, 2010

Emily, You asked for more comments :)

Your reply is in accord (sort of) with my comment:
- - - - -

       Emily Ferguson - Favorite eatery
I like the texture of the grasses and the presence of the water, but the narrow band at the top is awkward, for me. The trouble is, if it's not there then the grasses have no top and the image becomes only textures. But a wider band might introduce distractions, depending on what's there.
- - - - -

Your mention of 'abstract' made me look again at the image. Now I would say that without the band the image becomes an interesting abstract. With the band depth appears, abstraction disappears. . .but then the band should perhaps be wider and if there are distractions in the band then clone them away.

Lovely streak of textured green and splash of blue.

  -yoram