Re: Peripheral hardware question

I think you must be having really rotten luck and I'm sorry to hear that. I use nine Western Digital firewire external drives, a couple LaCie fw external drives and four internal sata drives. Everything is a terabyte, nothing larger for me yet.

My work is organized on different drives: baby clients on one, other clients on one, family work on one, personal work on one, etc.

I do a fair amount of 'drag and drop' backing up for my personal work but for my client work I use Super Duper to mirror my work drive twice a day; it runs in the background and is a huge mind reliever.

I had a bad run of luck burning discs several years ago and stopped using them immediately. Someone mentioned the drobo which is supposed to be very good but be aware that it doesn't allow you to organize your data if you're backing up from more than one drive; it just sort of throws everything on there in a fairly random way.

I run on a mac pro and so far as I know Super Duper us only available for that platform. If you're pc there's probably something that would work I just don't know what it is.

Good luck getting this resolved.

Lea

you can not say more than you see ~hdt