RE: Peripheral hardware question

I have had fairly good luck with external harddrives. Knock on wood. But, I keep thinking of using onine storage as they do backups. The price seems to be coming down.  Here is a link to backup service reviews

http://www.onlinebackupsreview.com/reviews.php

I have 2 1.5 TB drives in a RAID array inside my new computer. Before I got this computer I was using a one TB FreeAgent Drive. I still have this one.

I just recently bought a Calvary external eSATA connected 2 TB drive RAID mirrored. It also comes with a USB connecter, but the eSATA connection makes it faster data transfer more like an internal drive. It was totally plug and play. The install was one of the easiest I have ever done. I back up my computer to this drive weekly and essentially have two backups of it. It is pretty small and sits on my desktop. The model is CADA002SA2-B. I ordered through Amazon and the model was upgraded for free as they had stopped making the one I originally ordered. The company was super easy to work with and answered my questions. Here is my model

http://www.cavalrystorage.com/CADA_SA2.htm

I am on Win7 64 bit computer.

Hope this helps.

Rene