Re: PF member's exhibit on 10-16-10

At 9:34 AM -0400 10/16/10, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 16, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

             Emily Ferguson - Great Blue Heron

This was just sheer luck. No time to prepare at all. No time to reset the camera, nothing. Just hit the shutter, pan and pray! Only the 1st shot worked.

             Yoram Gelman - Tappan Zee Abstract

I like that bridge, but I can't find it in your extraction. Made me a little disappointed when I opened the image!

             Valery Firsov - Diver

Must be a reason that garb is all black, but you'd think the manufacturers would have started making it international orange by now. Still the image really illustrates the term "frog man" which was used during WWII to describe people doing that work, although I believe it wasn't fish they were after!

             John Retallack -

The tonalities are very well retained here, and the angle of the hand challenges the viewer, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not bothered by the tire, but the angle of the entire image really made me work on the geography of it. I suppose if you'd added more of the pants leg and chair seat the image would have become more mundane.

             John Palcewski - Former Italian Professor of Latin and Greek

It's really sad how genes and scripts can so completely drag a person away from their hopes and promise. Ultimately, all the platitudes about tenaciously clinging to shreds of dignity etc. etc. simply fail, no matter how brave the smile and nonchalant the angle of the cig. I think I would have upped the contrast just a little more.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx