Re: PF member's exhibit on 10-16-10

as seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html - my subjective opinions:

Emily Ferguson - Great Blue Heron

Unusual view of a bird landing. As with other quick reaction based
photographs this is a success but top border competes negatively with
the egret in my opinion.

Yoram Gelman - Tappan Zee Abstract

Visual and design wise a successful photograph. It does to me indeed border on
the abstract. It caught my attention to be sure but am not so sure it would hold
it for too long.

Valery Firsov - Diver

Ominous and scary! That bit of color at top left is an unwelcome intrusion though!

John Retallack -

Nice of you to do volunteer photography at the hospital! I can see how a project based
on hands would be a "natural" and this one might be a good jumping off or starting point
to a more extensive set of images. In this one if there is something that bothers me
a bit it is the tire extending from the fingertip of the hand. Not sure what angle would have been better though.

John Palcewski - Former Italian Professor of Latin and Greek

The character of this individual seems to come through in the photograph. An errant philosopher.
A language freak. A rebel without a cause. But probably quite learned and interesting to talk to!

Andy