Re: commercials on PF

I can't escape the feeling they were being exploited before they even left the mine. Exiting clean shaven and freshened-up (as must as could be done), ready for the photo-op with [insert politician/industrialist here]. It's quite possibly all benign, but reminds me of an incident where some people I knew had been terribly injured in a bombing in Dahab, Egypt. The husband was in the hospital and the president's wife was scheduled to pay him a visit, but at an unknown time. As a result, the staff kept changing his dressings to keep them absolutely pristine for her arrival causing him agonizing pain (they didn't have pain killers at the hospital either).

Nevertheless, thank goodness they're alive and that resources were put in motion to save their lives. The real honor and commitment of the human spirit will be measured in policy after this incident...very similarly in the Gulf of Mexico.

Enough of my soapbox.