"Speechless" moments

Perhaps we all have anecdotes of frustrating moments in photography and maybe it can be a rich and (fun!) entertaining thread!

I once got a very fine watercolor paper and made a few prints in my new killer Epson 2200. Then, a friend came over and I brought one of those prints to show him. He immediately praised the landscape*. As I was standing by the door, he said "Gee, thanks much, [wife] will really like it" and proceeded to his car.

No, really - I just stood there thinking if it was a joke or what, but he left with the print. Gone.

I thought it was a good trade off if I got rid of him, but no! He recently called to ask for some food photos... For free. And he won't take a "no" for an answer.

* I don't do much landscapes, and I do not like particularly doing sunsets.

Have you had some such... "unreal" moments?

www.alberto-tirado.com