Re: Selling Cameras

On 03-Oct-10 12:22, Kim Mosley wrote:
Any experiences in selling cameras? Ebay vs. shipping them to B&H or
KEH? I'd appreciate hearing what others have done.

I have sold around a dozen on Ebay over the years. I'm very partial to that approach; I think I get a much better price than I would from a dealer. It's potentially more trouble, though beyond having to ship them individually, I've never actually had any trouble (I haven't had to deal with buyer complaints).

I take pictures carefully illustrating any dings or smears, I'm very careful in my descriptions to include any problem, and I pick fairly low minimum bids -- less than 1/4 of my expected selling price for good stuff.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info