"Super" macro...Andy?

After posting this, and pondering the idea that macro just doesn't go micro enough, I did some digging and found this product: http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/raynox-dcr-250-macrolens-nikon.htm

Now that I think about it, Andy, is there a rather portable, more microscopic, attachment/lens you could possibly use in the field?

On 9/13/10 9:37 AM, Dan Mitchell wrote:
              Dan Mitchell - Lace-wing fly
Confused by the "super macro" setting, but it's likely proprietary. Nice vivid colors, it almost looks underwater.
The "macro" setting allows focus to a few inches, while the "super-macro" setting can have the subject very nearly touching the lens front element.  The subject insect is less than one inch long.  And I can re-photograph a color transparency, on a light-box, almost full size - which is a really useful way of digitising my 35mm material - see my orchid photos, taken from transparencies re-photographed on a light-box by the same camera - http://www.flickr.com/photos/danmdan/sets/72157624652147959/

dan.