Re: Responding To The Complaint

On Fri, September 10, 2010 11:17, Trevor Cunningham wrote:
>   Fascinating that they knew someone was taking pictures of ladies'
> butts, considering they had to look at your camera to know what you were
> taking pictures of.

I believe that's what the complaint phoned in said.  So the cops didn't
"know" it, but they had grounds to investigate the possibility.

> I respect cops, and do not envy their job. But
> there's nothing worse than a bored cop with an attitude that treats
> people with disregard. I hope this wasn't the case John.

Well, I wasn't there, but nothing John described sounded obnoxious or
un-professional.  They'd been given the task of investigating "someone"
taking pictures, and didn't get a lot of choice about that part.  Sounds
like they behaved impeccably.

Friends had problems with somebody photographing their children's asses at
an SF convention here not too long ago; but the parents just confronted
the guy and got them deleted, and with luck threw a scare into him.  I
wasn't there and don't so far as I know know the photographer, and didn't
see the pictures.  If it was as bad as it sounds, maybe getting the guy in
actual legal trouble would have been a good idea too.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info