Re: PF member;s exhibit on AUG 21, 2010

At 8:54 AM -0400 8/21/10, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 21, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

               Trevor Cunningham -seed bloom

Yeah.  OK.  Not a big trip to me.

               Andrew Sharpe -Pump house, Aspen, Colorado

This is more my style. I like the arrangment of vertical and horizontal lines in this and I think b&w is an excellent medium for this sort of image.

               Michael Hughes -Dance Class

Interesting grain and softness. But the concept is pretty what one can see in this type of situation.

               David Small -I have a dream

I see this all the time where I live. It's a commonplace. I hope we all survive the current political insanity well enough for this to be normal, but unfortunately, it's clearly not yet.

               Mark Harris - Felicia as a Statue

Yes.  But not subtle enough.  Study Ruth Bernhard.

               Jerry McCown -Olympic National Park

Really purply orange on my monitor.  A classic arrangment of this subject.

               Dan Mitchell - Water of Leith

Great Britain is amazing, the water everywhere. But I think this image is really about the town, not so much about the river itself.

               John Palcewski -Vittoria

Nice smooth skin, but not much else there. Not even a clear visual indication of gender. Not very interesting to me.

               Emily Ferguson - Property Line

Concrete bound posts must be unique to New England, or something. It's interesting that noone who reviewed my image recognized them as such. It makes me sad that Chris felt they were gravestones. I've never seen a post marking a grave - usually gravestones are rectancular and have writing on them. And yes, it's QAL, and sharp in a big version. Jpegging really kills stuff like that.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx