gallery review

Trevor Cunningham
seed bloom
Curious stage of this plant. Darks to whites tonal range keeps it from being flat. Reminds me of fiber optics and has a feeling of energy.

Andrew Sharpe

Pump house, Aspen, Colorado
The light here is the subject, amplifying texture and shadows. Nice composition.

Michael Hughes

Dance Class
The words say who, what, where, when and why. Sounds like a good photo op and you probably have more to the story.
Here I see a group of people enjoying their time together dancing.

David Small
I have a dream
Even without the title, I see me. You. They. Us.
An image of the inside of our minds. Nice.

Mark Harris
Felicia as a Statue
Gorgeous model and light. I especially feel how the sheet tapers to her feet, making this a memorable image. Whether it was serendipity or not, you caught it.
If her eyes were looking off side, perhaps I would have permission to look longer to satisfy a curiosity or something... she would not be engaged with me, so much as her own thoughts and I would wonder.

Jerry McCown
Olympic National Park
Light on the foreground pieces keeps my interest. Little details and simple color makes an image (cloud in sky, lit waves to the right) = eyes dancing with the flow of a good composition. Thanks!

Dan Mitchell
Water of Leith
I love seeing places with character. Gate shadow and light on stone keeps interest and introduces me.

John Palcewski
Vittoria
This composition seems odd and almost annoying to me. I have worked with figures but not in this context.
Cropping above the knee is enough to get the aesthetic across.

Emily Ferguson
Property Line
An old forgotten place.

Palma