Re: Lightroom question

Title: Re: Lightroom question
Thanks Lea, and Trevor too.

I get the thing about RAW giving you much more in the way of post production options, and kind of agree with you too, it is flexible and I think RAW is much better quality than jpeg in terms of detail and the ability to re-adjust exposure (much more forgiving than jpegs).

I just wandered as there is a split second when the image is loading up in the window when it seems to remember the cameras setting, and then it loads fully as a RAW and looks a bit flat by comparison. I thought maybe there might be a button you could switch on and off to get it to recognise the camera mode when you want, and to just treat as RAW when you want... Also, there is a palette called ‘camera calibration’, in the ‘develop’ window.... I wandered if perhaps that was something to do with making Lightroom recognise the camera I use (D200) and remember it’s settings.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Jonathan.