Gallery Comments for 8-14

Some thoughts after a day of looking over this week's work.

----- Original Message ----- Subject: PF gallery updated Aug 14, 2010

               Michael Hughes - Curiosity!

I'll bet the cat loved the nice cold drink:-) A terrific moment captured.

               Pini Vollach - Tree

I'm not sure you needed the tree trunk to make this image succeed. Just for fun, try cropping the upper-left corner which then creates an interesting abstract.

               Dan Mitchell - Graffiti

To separate this kind of work from distructive graffiti, it is also now known as street art. See http://www.woostercollective.com/ for a group trying to promote this. I like how you have captured this scene and this art.

               Elson T. Elizaga - Handmade Paper

This is a beautiful reproduction of her work. I like the collaborative nature with you supplying part of the material, her making the paper which you then photographed.

               Christopher Strevens - Me in detention

I am pleased you are using your photography to help you through this troubling time in your life. Please keep at it.

               Lea Murphy - Edyn, nine days

Again, you have demonstrated mastery of this sometimes difficult subject. If you are trying to show her size you might want to include a common object for reference.

               Jack Klasey - Falls at Lower Emerald Pool

I like the composition and the way the colors come across. I feel a slower shutter, blurring the water a bit, might have helped.

               Yoram Gelman - Ice Disks

From a photographic point of view I'm not sure I care how they form but the
skill which you used to capture them so well. I love the image as an abstract.

               John Palcewski - Road Kill

Sad but beautiful all at once. I have to agree with others who thought it looked like the eagle on the great seal of the US. The wood background adds nicely.

               Andrew Davidhazy - Chicago Lights

I love how you take real scenes and abstract them in your camera work and post-processing. This is quite amazing.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/