Canon 50mm lens comparison

Can anyone who might have experience with both pieces of glass give me a compare and contrast of the 50mm 1.8 (super cheap at $99 with very good reviews) vs. the 50mm 1.2 L lens (expensive with excellent reviews).

I know there's a significant difference btwn the build quality, the weight and the bokeh.

I'm seeking info specifically related to image quality, contrast, yummy L glassness.

I have the 1.8 and am considering the move to the 1.2 L.

Would like input from users of both as to if the upgrade is significant enough to warrant a change and the expense.

Thanks so much.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com