Re: PF members exhibit on 24 JUL 2010

I'm finally getting around to my comments for last week's gallery. Thank you Andy and crew for not taking it down already.

----- Original Message ----- > The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUL 24, 2010. Authors
with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                   David Small - Contrasts

I love the way you have captured the shadow of the tree limb against the square structure of the building. Contrasts indeed!

                   Jim Snarski - Egret Flight

A nicely made image although I'm not a big bird-in-flight picture fan. I know it was out of your control but some clouds would have made it more interesting.

                   Walter Mayes - My Empire

A very nice composite which makes for a well done image.

                   Pini Vollach - Lotus Girl

Beautifully composed but kind of sad in a way. Her expression leads me to wonder what her circumstances are like.

                   Laurenz Bobke - Freedom!

A terrific title for this photograph. If plants could speak that is probably what they would be saying:-)

                   John Palcewski - Don't Bother Coming Back

I do love how these stories make us "work" a bit to understand the photographs. This one in particular is lovely. My eye was drawn first to the waves then I realized what they were. Well done!

                   Michael Hughes - Surprise!

You did a great job capturing this exciting moment.

                   Emily Ferguson - late winter sunset

Quiet, beautiful and simple. Well excecuted. No more need be said.

                   Rob Miracle - Drenched

It is not clear is she is sweaty or wet, either way she is uncomfortable. Unless it has greater meaning to you I'm not sure it was worth all the effort, sorry.

                   Elson T. Elizaga - Father and Son

She did a nice job with your vision for the image. Your son's expression is priceless.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/