Re: what a find

On Wed, July 28, 2010 12:37, Andy wrote:
> Anyone that has worked with AA says that he was able to work magic on even
> the worst negative through his printing skills.  They may be his plates
> but the prints that are obtained from them now surely cannot be and are
> therefor worthless.

There are lots of first-rate printers around, I'm not at all concerned
with that.  Through much of his life, he had people printing for him
(under his direction and to his standards; but that proves that other
people could make prints good enough for him.  Oh, and I think some of
those people are still around).

The prints may be worthless to collectors, but I don't care about
collector rules; I'm interested in seeing the images from early in his
development as an artist. (Obviously the question of whether these really
are his work is key here!)

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info