Re: PF exhibit on 3 LUL 2010

It's been a long time since I have made comments on the gallery.  Here are a few thoughts on this week's gallery.

          D.L. Shipman - Bad feather day in Florida jungle.
Wonderful.  The bird really seems to have had a very bad day. Everything works well for me in this photograph.

          Emily L. Ferguson - The mouth of Clark's Cove in New Bedford, MA.
Very nice.  I"m sure that the dinghy photograph is superior since you sate it that way, but to me this picture has qualities (peacefulness, nothing to distract from main theme, etc...) that would be very difficult to supercede.

          Dan Mitchell - West Walton Church
This is successful as far as the stated goal is concerned but the composition suffers IMHO from the cut window and cut billboard  on the right and left side while the empty foreground distracts from the rest of the picture.

          Mark Harris - Karen and Liz
Nice, touching impromptu picture full of delicate mother and daughter emotions.   Yet, the picture does not work for me because of the distracting background (PS could fix that) and my general personal preference for horizontal frame rather than vertical (croping won't work on this one).

          Marilyn Dalrymple - Topper, earning his keep by being a paper weight.
Very charming.   There is absolutely nothing that will move this cat from where he is, unles he decides that he wants to move elsewhere...  Why do cats always lie on the most important document that we want to have access to...  Always...!

          Guy Glorieux - Family picture
(my picture) Surreal picture;  the photographer and his subject being photographed...  Seen before.   But the light, the empty walls and the position of the people around the table is hilarious.  (Existing light picture rebalanced in PS)..  Thanks to those who commented on it.

          Yoram Gelman - Benches and Snow
Yes, the tree needs to go...  It would be nice also to have some details in the snow.

          Jerry McCown - Art Museum
I like this picture.  Nice candid photograph.

          John Palcewski - The Best Swimmers Drown
Not for the faint-of-heart... The composition and the title draws me inexorably to the exceptional portrait work of Walter Schels titled Life before Death.    By far the most significant picture on this galllery in my opinion.

          Don Draper - 2 together
The picture loses much of its significance because the actual context is not sufficiently explicit.   It leaves me with a question mark.