Re: PF Exhibit on 06-26-10

Here are some thoughts on this week's images:

         Jim Davis - Waterwheel Take 2

This has a different feel, of course, then what I remember of the previous version. There is just enough of the waterfall visible. The only thing that would have made it even better would have been water falling over the wheel, not in your control unfortunately.

         Pini Vollach - Sky

At first I thought this was B&W but see the touches of color. I like the composition and the way the tree is placed against the clouds.

         Emily Ferguson - Sea Mist swirls over the mouth of the
                          Acushnet River at sunset

This is a stunning photograph, Emily. The subtle colors against the dark land is beautifully done. I like how the true horizon almost disappears.

         John Palcewski - Marry Me

The image, and story, are very moving. I like the still life arangement of seemingly unrelated objects and hor the light and shadows draws them together. Thank you, John for sharing this with us.

         Andrew Sharpe - Tree Philodendron Flower

There are certainly shapes and patterns that do repeat throughout nature. You have interpreted this well. The lighting and use of B&W is well chosen.

         Adi Spivak - Zoo Animal

This is a terrific moment captured that could have been improved by not centering the animal's face. Its body and neck form a very nice curve leading to the head. I'm certainly not a strict rules person but there is too much space on the left side.

         Don Draper - Looking at ya!

A great capture here! The little touch of the closer fish "looking" at us makes it special.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/