My Gallery Cooments

Good Sunday morning,

Here are my thoughts on this week's submissions.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxx>
<SNIP>
Subject: PF members gallery on 06/12/10

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUN 12, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                   John Palcewski - Barefoot

This looks to me like a film still, that there is probably a story around this moment. I like the composition and the contrast in shapes.

                   Dan Mitchell - Yellow

I like the way you have captured the field of yellow flowers but wish it was more prominent in the composition. The image looks more like a photograph of the church.

                   Pini Vollach - Stairs

A very interesting composite. It was well worth waiting a week to see it. You have captured the sense of the title well.

                   Rob Miracle - Tiger Lily

All the work you did made this a nice photograph of a beautiful flower. I do like the shadow detail you were able to hold.

                   Emily L. Ferguson - short squall

I love the composition here. You do get the feeling of a storm with the clouds and chop on the water. I realize you had no control of the boat but a little more sail would have made it even better.

                   Michael Hughes - Dogged Pursuit

I love the feel of action here. The runner and dogs look so determined. Especially as an action photograph it is composed well.

                   Marilyn Dalrymple - Mother Nature

I like the photograph very much. The title seems to indicate this is natural yet you indicate studio lighting. Was this set up in a studio or did you use the lights in nature? Either way it is well made.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/