Re: PF members gallery on 06/12/10

Dan Mitchell - Yellow    Google "rule of thirds" to see how this
pleasant scene would be improved if the sky were cropped to keep the
horizon from resting on the midpoint of the view.

Pini Vollach - Stairs  Quite an interesting abstraction, well done.

Rob Miracle - Tiger Lily   Were this my image I would have tried to
isolate the buds from the petals of the flower so as to eliminate what
might be perceived as jumbled confusion.

Emily L. Ferguson - short squall    Nice moody shot, which made me
immediately think of Abby Sunderland in the storm she encountered in
the southern Indian Ocean.  I'd move in closer to the boat, get rid of
some of the sky.

Michael Hughes - Dogged Pursuit  The blurred movement of the runner
seems somewhat at odds with the less-blurred movement of the dogs.
I'm immediately drawn to the animals' eyes, then back at the runner,
then back at the dogs.  Seems like this frame consists of two separate
scenes trying hard to be just one.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Mother Nature      This is an interesting
representation of a spooky face found in medieval European church
architecture, usually done in oak leaves but often ivy, an evocative
iconic motif which one  Lady Raglan in a scholarly article in 1939
called "The Green Man."  Her term caught on and has since been the
standard descriptor for a phenomenon that spans Europe and extends
back to the Romans.   Fascinating!

Mark Harris - Katy_T with Lamp  A playful yet partially hidden and
mysterious nude woman--my favorite kind.