Re: PF member's exhibit on JUN 05, 10

Emily,

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

Katy is a very experienced model and a dancer. When corresponding prior to this session she specifically indicated that she doesn't like to much pre-planning. She prefers that the photographer indicate what they want in general terms and then allow her to develop the idea from there. That certainly worked out well here. As I noted in the initial post, I simply hung the lace and said to go ahead and play.

The image I submitted for the coming week is also from the session with her.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<SNIP>

            Mark Harris - Katy_T with Lace

Her face has a normal sort of composure - so many models that you've shown have faces with that alienated and unwilling look. That really helps to make this image pleasant to look at.

Then her posture looks normal, not twisted or preconceived. That mkaes this image pleasant to look at too.

Finally, the coyness of the lace routine adds an emotion of privacy, of being a real human being who's not having her photograph taken to show off how attitude-full she is, how contemporary, how "now". Instead, she looks like a young woman who has a sense of keeping her self from every prying eye, of only allowing that which is appropriate to be seen.

So this image, to me, is appealing and successful.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
<SNIP>