Re: PF member's exhibit on JUN 05, 10

At 8:35 AM -0400 6/5/10, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUN 05, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

            Mark Harris - Katy_T with Lace

Her face has a normal sort of composure - so many models that you've shown have faces with that alienated and unwilling look. That really helps to make this image pleasant to look at.

Then her posture looks normal, not twisted or preconceived. That mkaes this image pleasant to look at too.

Finally, the coyness of the lace routine adds an emotion of privacy, of being a real human being who's not having her photograph taken to show off how attitude-full she is, how contemporary, how "now". Instead, she looks like a young woman who has a sense of keeping her self from every prying eye, of only allowing that which is appropriate to be seen.

So this image, to me, is appealing and successful.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx