Gallery Comments

Here are my thoughts on this week's display:

----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxx>
<SNIP>
Subject: PF exhibit on 5/22/10

<SNIP>

             Dan Mitchell - Washing

I like the object/shadow study. The light coming through the laundry is also a nice touch.

             John Palcewski - Bumper Sticker

A nicely made snapshot of a terrific bumpersticker. The real question, where can I get one?

             Jim Snarski - Predator

This macro is beautifully composed, a terrific mement captured. I give you credit for hand holding this at the magnification required. Even in bright sun that must have been tough.

             D.L. Shipman - Female Cloudless Sulfur (Phoebis sennae)

It was very nice for the butterfly to pose in just the right light:-) You have chosen perfect depth-of-field. Well done!

             Trevor Cunningham - small sunflowers

The IR effect is well captured here. I love the moodiness portrayed in this very nice composition.

             Bob Sull - French Creek Steps

I like the increase in range you get with HDR. I feel this could have used slightly deeper shadow areas but that is a persona preference.

             Pini Vollach - Untitled

You have used all the normal compositional elements to show depth and they are used quite well. I like this photograph very much. The branch is a nice contrast to the rock and the rim light is capture well.

             Andrew Sharpe - Infrared Tree, San Francisquito Creek, 2009

Another very good use of IR. A very nice composition with a good viewpoint.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris