Gallery comments

Lea Murphy:  A classic.  I like this very much.  It has wonderful design elements.

Jim Davis
Yellow Trees:  I like the look of wings the yellow trees in the foreground give.  A dead branch on the left is a little distracting, but there was nothing you could do about it.  I get the feeling of flight, because of the suggestion of wings, and because we are overlooking the trees.  Beautiful.

Trevor Cunningham
plants taller than i (cont.):  This displays an original viewpoint and the black and white image is striking.  It almost looks like something from another planet.

Dan Mitchell
Tree:  I like the use of Polaroid film.  It's refreshing to see something different.  The sepia coloring gives this photograph an "olde world" feel.  I like it.

Emily L. Ferguson

To the Beach - brrr:  I always like your photographs, Emily, and I'm very jealous because I can't live where you do.  I feel relaxed just viewing this photograph.  A very soothing image.

Michael Hughes
Warm-up:  I can feel the enthusiasm of the gentleman in the yellow shirt.  You captured it perfectly.   As far as the pink cast - I have a camera that always seems to add a pink cast to my photographs (a Canon Powershot).  I've never taken the time to explore why this is, but it prevents me from using the camera much.

John Palcewski
Butterfly Candidate: What a beautiful caterpillar, and what a nice shot.  Sharp as a tack, nicely composed.  Great job!

David Small:  For some reason this photograph causes me to feel tense.  It looks as if the man could fall or be injured, that's one reason.  Another reason is it's just a little scary - it makes me think of King Kong climbing the Empire State building.  The man appears to be larger than life.

Mark Harris
Valya Shadowed:  For some reason I want to think and see "soft," probably because the model is female, but this photograph has a "strong" feel to it.  I like the idea of throwing shadows on her figure.

Thank you to all who shared their work and to Andy and staff for hanging the show.

Marilyn