Re: Corelating in Camera Pixel Count (RAW format) and file size?

On Thu, 13 May 2010 14:09:51 +0300, Trevor Cunningham <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>Maybe it's Nikon's configuration, but my RAW images on my D200 are
>around 15Mb. The RAWs from the 6mp D70 are between 5 and 7, but that's
>been futzed with so I have no idea there.

I told you I didn't shoot RAW much since getting the 40D :-) I just checked and
my RAW images are actually 11.7 MB.

That other RAW file must have been the sRAW type which is smaller.

Makes, sense, 10 megapixels plus some extra info = 11.7 MB.

I got interested in RAW since this discussion started, and loaded up Canon's
Photo Professional to see how it works with a RAW image, since Photoshop's so
screwed up with RAWs I can't even take the time to learn its stupid methods.
Turns out Canon actually gives one a useable program for RAWs. I might shoot
some RAWs this week and see how it goes.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics