calibration package upgrade?

Is it recommended to upgrade monitor calibration tools on any sort of schedule?

I currently use a Monaco Optix XR package that I've had for a number of years....five or six.

Do these things go bad or shift in their ability to calibrate over time?

Not seeing a change, just curious as I've never read a thing about what kind of a life expectancy to anticipate.

Thanks.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com