Re: Corelating in Camera Pixel Count (RAW format) and file size?

Here is my simplifief version... Digital color pics are made in the oldest way. The camera shoots 3 B&W images. Each through a red green and blue filter. These are then combined to make the colour (RGB) image. But the green image is twice the size of the other two. In a nutshell the raw file is just the black and white data and the information about the array it ws shot through. The process of making the colour file from these images is RAW conversion. All very product specific, secret mixtures and algorithms to combine and process the 3 pictures. As far as I can tell... The real un processed resolution would be about the size of the red or blue image...1/4 of the megapixel size of the camera

Sent from my iPhone