RE: gallery review

Quite so, but if everybody thinks it's "Just lovely", or "Amazing" then it probably isn't "Great art"

There is no answer to the question "Is it art?"
What we are really asking is "Is the worth hanging in a public space and getting people to look at it with some respect?"

in order for us to hang a piece in a respected venue and give it the esteem that such hanging bestows, it should challenge us and in some way point us at ourselves. And not everyone enjoys being challenged. Fewer enjoy lookiing too deeply into the construct/fiction on which we build our identities.
Herschel

>> And lastly, remember that just because something is offensive (oh, I don't meant THIS image if course) it is not necessarily great art.
  -yoram