gallery review

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 08, 2010. Authors
with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

           Lea Murphy - Big Daddy Hosta

I find myself doing more and more snapshotty things with my iphone and one of the features of it that I love the most is being able to process the images in-camera.

           Laurenz Bobke - Spring leaves

I like this image and especially the bokeh but the white area in the top left distracts me. A lower crop would help.

           Trevor Cunningham - hanging on

This is most interesting. Broccili, Queen Anne's Lace, what am I looking at? Reminds me of something we might see after Armageddon. The slightly blueish tint works well though I might like a touch more mid-tone contrast.

           Don Roberts - Uxmal

This image appears to be too dark in the shadows on my monitor which kind of spoils things for me. I think the composition is good...the tree branch in the upper left corner helps with framing the image.

           John Palcewski - Subway

This image sort of gives me the creeps and makes me really wonder what's going on. The way he's hugging her but looking so directly at the viewer is unnerving.

           Russ Baker - Tamara

If the last image sort of gave me the creeps this image totally gives me the creeps. What, pray tell, is going on here and why? Is she in a theater production? Is this some sort of softish porn? Your lighting is nice. I may have considered a background that more complimented her outfit...too many colors going on for my taste.

           Emily Ferguson - Lotta rain

Yep, that's a bunch of rain. Glad that's not me driving through there. This image sort of loses it at the edges for me...nothing holds my eye. I'd like to see a soft, black vignette around the edges.

           Andrew Davidhazy - Chicago Lights

I'm confused. So is this one display of lights that appears in multiple because you've waved the camera? I can't really tell what I'm looking at so it messes with my head a bit. Seems things should be blurrier if you waved the camera around during a one second exposure. I like it, I'm just confused about how you made it.

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com