Re: PF galery on May 1, 2010

2010/5/1 John Palcewski <palcewski@xxxxxxxxx>

Guy Glorieux - Three colors   That's Houston, all right.  A cold,
lifeless mass of steel and glass in downtown, surrounded by a maze of
highways and bumper to bumper traffic.   I'm projecting, of course.
Bad, painful things happened to me in Houston a long time ago.   And I
remember those skyscrapers.  Nice image, but...Ugh!  Others will
doubtless have a different reaction.

Thanks John,

I can't disagree with your statement...  I was there for the biennal FotoFest event and I was struck that there are absolutely no pedestrians on the sidewalks...  Just high rise buildings and cars...
But there is something of strange beauty in all this.
In fact, I put together a small gallery of images I made of this "mass of steel and glass" for those who might be interested.  It shows that this is not a world for people!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=196775&id=630794922

Guy