Re: are we all ready to go back to film ;)

Sounds to me like it will be cheaper way to get high quality results.
Roy

"Now it can paint quantum film atop a low-cost wafer that has the electrode array for super-dense high-pixel-count images, but without any of the expensive photodetectors that make up the bulk of conventional digital camera sensors."

http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/quantum-film-threatens-to-replace-
cmosccd-image-sensors/