How tall should the turbines be?

Hi, I received the following inquiry or request for assistance. I think this is
something
valid to consider. There are several approaches to the solution. If you were
asked this
question how would you answer? Several faculty members at RIT could not answer
this though!!

-----------------------  begin  -------------------------

   I'm working on a story about the proposal by the NY Power Authority to build
wind farms in Lake
Ontario and Lake Erie. What I want to do is produce a photograph, or series of
them, showing how the
view from the shoreline would change if 400-foot-tall turbines were erected in
the lake.

   We'd Photoshop-in the turbines (with proper disclaimers), but want the image
  to be as accurate as
possible.  I'm wondering if you might might help us. We need to know how "big"
to make the turbine
appear in the photo. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

What is needed is a step-by-step guide that anyone who by their self admission
is math phobic. I may reveal my answer(s) if anyone is interested. andy