Polaroid Report

After considerable experimentation I've reached the following conclusions.

One requirement was for reasonable color fidelity, and this I find is best using Fuji film, FP-100C peel-apart film, which is also capable of great sharpness using the better folding cameras. Outdated Polaroid film is still available, but if too old, or poorly stored, simply cannot beat the Fuji material, which is also cheaper.  I recommend something like the Polaroid model 250 for general use with the above Fuji film.  And the film can be used for image transfers.

But peel-apart film generates a lot of litter, so on field trips you may find an integral film easier to use.  Here again there is a Fuji film, Instax Wide, and several cameras, models 100, 200, and 210, from Fuji. As an alternate if you really want to use genuine Polaroid material, then I'd recommend a Polaroid camera from the Spectra/Image/1200 range, using it with Polaroid 1200/Image film. I'm finding Polaroid SX 70 and 600 style film now priced excessively high even for years out of date stock, and the related top range cameras also expensive.

Dan

.