Re: Pre-owned stuff

It is my understanding that refurbished means one of two things, items from a salespersons' sample cases or an item that failed "out of the box" and was repaired by factory technicians.

I bought a lens from B&H a while back that was listed on their web site as  "used - condition 10" and it came in a box from Canon that was marked "used".   I have not had any problems with it.  A friend explained, I have not verified this with B&H, that when an item is listed as "used - condition 10" it is usually either from a salesperson's sample case, they are updated with new gear on a regular schedule, or a store sample and are gone over by the factory folk.  My friend bought his 10D  and some glass that way and has had no problems.

Thats my input to your question.....

Bob

pv@xxxxxx wrote:
Hi!

What to prefer - used 9+ or factory refurbished?
The inner voice prompts that "refurbish, man!", but there's a trust crisis lite version between us...sometimes.
So any input would be acknowledged and whatsoever.
TIA

Peeter,
this time cameralessly

--