Re: Depth of Field question

On 2/3/10 2:26 PM, Jorj Takacs wrote:
A simple question yet I cannot seem to find a simple answer.

Why is there more DOF behind the point of focus than in front?

I'm sure someone will come up with a better answer, but it seems to me it has to do with how DOF works. As you know the closer the subject the less DOF, the further way the more DOF.

Well this principle still applies to the space in front of your subject and behind your subject. The space in front of the subject is closer therefore the DOF is compressed, the space behind the subject is further away so the DOF is stretched.

Dunno how scientific that answer is, but its away to visualize why you get 1/3 in front and 2/3 in back.

Rob

--
Rob Miracle
Email:   rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx