Re: New but old thread

On 1/16/2010 9:02 AM, Don Roberts wrote:
Essentially that is what I am doing, Mark.  Manually.  Unless the software can read EXIF data and sort accordingly I don't think it will help.  I am still looking for order amongst all the "file0001, file0015" sort of labels.  I haven't identified any yet but I am just getting into it.  One of the headaches is that the images have been sorted into JPEG, TIFF, NEF, CR2, PSD etc.  That separates jpeg and RAW files that normally displayed together.
Thanks for the suggestion.  If you have any program specifically in mind, let me know.

If I'm tracing this right and you're on a Mac, this won't help.

On a PC, the freeware Siren File Rename will handle all those file types and many more, and will let you sort and name based on EXIF (and lots of other kinds) metadata.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info