Re: New but old thread

Yeah. I'm suspicious of hard drives too, especially since, in 15 years I've had two crash and on one I lost all the files from a year at the local paper.

I have two sets of backups to DVD, one off site. Everything is backed up - .dmg files I download, email, raw shoots, music files, finances, jpegs, and of course the corrected keepers. I use a Mac-only database called CD finder to catalog all of that. It's cheap, searchable and produces thumbs of everything, including the RAWs. It derives the data from scanning the DVD after burning.

Finances are also backed up to a 32M CF card which came with my first Canon.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx