Re: Labtop

----- Original Message -----
From: Kieran Simkin
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2010 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: Labtop

karl shah-jenner wrote:
> i'v always been a fan of the IBM thinkpads and the Fujitsu Lifebooks,
both
> ranges will have models that should meet your demands, noting the
fujitsu's
> have for many years had touchscreen models available, always very handy
and
> a feature you quickly come to depend on (I still poke desktop and laptop
> monitors to this day)
>
> karl

If you like the Lifebook, you'll love the Panasonic Toughbook, they're
ideal for people who are constantly on the move (and they have
touchscreens) - they see extensive use in hospitals because they're
pretty much indestructable and tolerate being carried around all day and
accidentally slammed into things, vomited-on etc. A friend of mine has
one and he'll happily throw it out of the window or punch the screen to
demonstrate quite how tough it really is. They're not cheap, but in my
opinion they're absolutely ideal for lecturers and teachers who are
always moving around.

hehe, I was going to mention those, but they're butt-ugly and as you say,
expensive!

Favoured by the military and the mining industry, they look every bit as
tough as they are ;)