Re: PF members exhibit on 12-26-09

Happy New Year to all at the Photography Forum!

I sent a contribution for next week and realized I had wanted to comment on last Saturday's Gallery. Here are my thoughts.

----- Original Message ----- <SNIP>
Subject: PF members exhibit on 12-26-09

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated DEC 19, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

             Rob Miracle - Enigma

I'm glad you pointed out that the background is bokay and not a photoshop trick. This is a beautiful photograph with perfect choices in dpth-of-field and composition.

             Andrew Sharpe - Tree Fern

You have a well made macro image here. I love the composition and the B&W.

             Yoram Gelman - Rhinecliff Station

I like the high contrast somewhat abstract study. This would have been the perfect place for a perspective control lens.

             Don Roberts - Peppers

The contrast of the color against the white building is very nice. Well done especially if it was a quick grab shot.

             Marilyn Dalrymple - The Hunhtington Library

I liked this before I read the notes but am impressed that it was made with an elf. It is well composed and the camera did a nice job with the contrast range.

             Trevor Cunningham - flower buds

This is some of the most unusual lighting I've seen in a macro flower study. It does look like it could be IR so I guess you did well there. Keep playing, you never know what you might come up with.

             Mark Harris - Inna Too

I had the opportunity to photograph Inna again last Sunday and have submitted one for next week's gallery. The new one is quite different so I'll look forward to comments.

             Peeter Vissak - Boat trip

You have captured an amazing action photograph. Between panning and bouncing and looking for the right expressions I'm very impressed with the result. You must be very happy with the result.

             John Palcewski - Tenebrae ex lumen

Whatever she said the expressions on both of them tell a story. The backstory is interesting, it is nice to know what leads up to something like this.

             Dan Mitchell - West Walton Tower

The colors are Poloroid for sure. I like the image but wish the bus was either not there or closer.

             Herschel Mair John Retallack Emily Ferguson

I like this series of holiday photographs. Well made, all!

<SNIP>
From: Andy (after surgery on one eye - next one this coming week).

Glad to hear you are half-way done. I hope your recovery is short and uneventful.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/